Merry Christmas!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Confession Time...

I read craft blogs. A lot of them. I really enjoy craft blogs. But that is not my confession. My confession is that I strongly dislike cutesy kids' crafts. Yes, I am a mother of four small children and a former Sunday School teacher, but I don't like kid crafts. It's not that I don't like the kids to have fun and be creative, it's just that I don't see the point of making something unless it is useful. I know it sounds so weird.

There have been things the kids brought home from school or church that went straight to the trash. (Shhh!) Then there are things I will keep forever. I love the little magnet my oldest daughter made with a clothes pin. It has a picture of my husband's face and she dressed him as a farmer. It is so cute! And I can use it to hold something up on the fridge! USEFUL!


Yep. Playdoh is pretty much a no-go around here. Messy, germy, mess! YUCK!
I know I am a horrible mother. Hopefully, with therapy, my kids with make it as adults.
I mean, look at me, I turned out alright, didn't I? Right? Hello? Anyone there?
HEY!

No comments: