Merry Christmas!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Update

I went to the doctor yesterday and had x-rays done. It is not broken, just sprained. The doc advised me that walking on it would actually be better then said, "Let me see how you walk." It hurt so bad, I could not even bear weight on it so he said, "Maybe we could set you up with some crutches." You think?!?

My friend, Nicole, helped me out tremendously yesterday. First she came over with her two boys (under the age of 4) and took me to the doctor (I couldn't drive). Then she kept my kids while I was at the doctor's office. Then she came back and picked me up and took me home. Next she came inside and made all the kids something to eat, cleaned my kitchen, played outside with the kids and so much more. When she realized that I was in a lot of pain, she called the doctors office and got me a prescription for pain meds. What a blessing it was to have her here! Thank you, "Anicole"!

She called last night to check on me and told me, "Now that I'm not there, I have to tell you something. I couldn't tell you earlier because you would have kicked me out." I asked, "Why? What happened?" She laughed and said, "Nothing happened. I'm pregnant." She's right. I would have kicked her out. I already felt bad that she was washing my dishes and taking care of the kids. I told her not to do it, but she's Nicole and Nicole does what Nicole wants to do! Thank God for good friends!

By the way (or in txt - BTW), my foot feels a lots better. I have to say, I was expecting to be hurting for several days, but I'm so thankful to not be in so much pain. (Of course, I have been on pain meds since yesterday, maybe that's why it doesn't hurt too bad!)

No comments: